Bachelor of Arts
Jessup’s BA in Theatre is an immersive, pre‐professional training ground for theatre practitioners. The Bachelor of Arts in Theatre offers specializations in Acting, Musical Theatre, Theatre Design and Technology, and Theatre Management. From backstage to onstage, you will learn how to create theatre from concept to performance in a department valuing a hands-on, entrepreneurial approach to theatrical storytelling.
15 WEEK SEMESTERS
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The mission of the BA in Theatre program is to produce students who are highly employable theatre artists, Christian leaders, entrepreneurs, and skilled craftsmen who are capable of vast, positive, influence in the arts, media, and entertainment. Jessup Theatre is a four‐year training ground preparing you to make a unique contribution to the art form. Join the program that patrons are calling “the most irresistible experience in theatre from Tahoe to San Francisco.
The nature and purpose of the arts at William Jessup University is:
- To illuminate truth about the human condition
- To tell redemptive and transformative stories, both edifying and cautionary, that examine our relationship with God and one another
- To bring beauty into a fallen world
- To serve the world through sacrifice of one’s own talents toward the betterment of society and culture
- To create an authentic community of diverse individuals that join together for a common purpose
- To invest in imagination, hope, and healing through the power of creation and the creative spirit
Our response to the statement:
- We will examine all forms, genres and styles of artistry in order to understand and explore the human condition
- We will survey all types of stories to witness the artist journey and message
- We will engage in thoughtful and moral artistic practice
- We will participate in serving the world through the creation of art
- We will work together with respect and encouragement to challenge and cultivate each other as individual artists in the body of Christ
- We will foster an environment where creativity is encouraged, ideas are embraced, and truthful expression is not limited.
PART TIME AND CONTRACTED STAFF
Kelly Ann Dunn
JESSUP NEWS & STORIES
Senior Ashley White was passionate about the theater. But she also loved teaching. After earning a BA in English and MA in Education, she taught high school English and theater. Three years into her career, she still felt the tug of the professional theater industry. So she made a brave…