The Jessup School of Business offers a fully online Certificate in Accountancy (CiA) that can be completed in just two semesters. This certificate program is designed with a variety of different individuals and professionals in mind, including small business owners and entrepreneurs without an accounting background, those without an undergraduate degree looking to transfer certificate courses into Jessup’s business program in accounting, and employees currently working in the accounting field who hope to move into a practitioner support role or preparer in the areas of financial reporting/bookkeeping, tax preparation, and/or audit support.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Online Certificate in Accountancy equips professionals, as well as individuals without an accounting background, to thrive within their existing career or transition into a new one. It will help them analyze financial statements for their organizations, make better financial decisions, prepare tax plans and returns for their business, and assist them in establishing more effective internal financial controls within their organizations. Students gain valuable in-demand skills in accounting that can translate into higher paying positions and greater opportunities for career advancement. The certificate program also allows students to apply toward the accounting educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
Upon completion of the Certificate in Accountancy certification, students will be able to:
- Prepare ethically responsible and comprehensive federal tax returns for individuals and small business owners.
- Analyze and prepare the major financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, statement of owners’ equity, and the statement of cash flows) for a business.
- Utilize a variety of quantitative evaluation methods (net present value analysis, make or buy analysis, and cost-volume-profit analysis) to improve financial decision making for a business.
- Create and communicate effective financial internal controls, and audit procedures, within an organization.
Certificate Courses (12 units)
- BUS 245 | Financial Accounting
- BUS 246 | Managerial Accounting
- BUS 441 | Auditing
- BUS 442 | Federal Tax I
To view all courses and course descriptions, please see our current Academic Catalog.
The Certificate in Accountancy was designed to better equip solopreneurs, small to medium size business managers, tax practitioners, bookkeeping/auditing staff, and aspirational CPA’s to be more competent professionals who are principled servant-leaders, and transformational stewards in business and society.” – Manuel Salazar, Associate Dean – School of Business
FINANCIAL REPORTING & BOOKKEEPING