Manuel Salazar III, CPA, MBA, Ed.D.
- EdD Educational Administration (dissertation in mathematics education) from Pensacola Christian College, FL
- MBA Business Administration (emphasis in quantitative methods) from Lundy-Fetterman School of Business Campbell University, NC
- MA Ministry (emphasis in theology) from Luther Rice University, GA
- BS Business Administration (emphasis in finance/banking) from University of North Carolina, Pembroke, NC
- AA Business Administration (emphasis in accounting) West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
- Advanced School of Banking Graduate, NC Banking Association University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Primary Leadership Development Course (PLDC) U.S. Army, 82nd Airborne Division, Ft. Bragg, NC
Manuel has 20+ years of relevant work experience from being a corporate controller and principal financial officer in the commercial banking industry to working in public accounting as a CPA focused on financial reporting, tax, and audit. Manuel has also led two private, faith-based K-12 educational institutions as their senior administrator. He has taught at the college level for 15+ years and has been at WJU since 2011, making him the senior Jessup School of Business core faculty member. Manuel was greatly honored by the student body when they selected him to be WJU’s Faculty of the Year in 2014.
Manuel has been marred to his wife, Lisa, for 32 years and they have four adult children. He founded a K-12 academy in 1999 (Liberty Christian Academy, N.C.), and is an ordained minister of the gospel. Manuel currently teaches a couple’s Bible class at his church and has served formerly as a church deacon, trustee, and treasurer. He also served our nation as a U.S. Army paratrooper during the Reagan administration in the 82nd Airborne Division. Manuel and Lisa enjoy spending time together doing a variety of outdoor coastal and mountain activities.
- Assisted in the development and launch of the accounting concentration at WJU in 2012
- Consulting and advisory field-work in El Salvador, California, and Pennsylvania, 2013
- Financial Executive International conference participant, Washington D.C. (2015)
- Assisted in the launch of the finance concentration at WJU in 2015 (and developed the Money and Banking course).
- Assisted in the development of the MBA program at WJU in 2015 and its subsequent regional accreditation.
- Free-Market Forum participant, Omaha, Nebraska (2015)
- Served as the Chair of the Academic Council from Fall 2014 to Spring 2016
- Championed a business seminar on campus in partnership with the Institute of Faith, Work and Economics (2015)
- Completed various professional courses in topics such as: Tax Considerations in Financial Planning, Roth IRAs, and Estate & Retirement Planning (2016)
- Served on the local board (Sacramento) of Financial Executives International (FEI) 2015-2017
- Accounting, tax, and consulting work for several SME’s on the East Coast (2017)