- General Career Counseling
- Internship Opportunities
- Employment Preparation (Resume/cover letter assistance, connecting with local companies & industries, and labor market information/research)
- Interview Techniques (counsel, role play, critique)
- Professional Dress
- Job Search Strategies
- Vocational Skills and Interest Assessments (Online)
- Online Job Board for students and Alumni: Current job listings are posted at Jessup’s online Job Board. Put an A0 in front of your entire student ID and that is your Access ID for the job board.
- Financial Literacy Guidance and Support. For information and planning regarding Financial Basics, Paying for College, College Life and World of Work, visit CashCourse
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Strong Interest InventoryMBTI:The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a personality assessment that provides a framework for understanding one’s self, one another, work environments in relationship to personality, and much more. We offer the MBTI Career report, which offers students and alumni the knowledge of how their type affects their career exploration and how different work environments align best with their personality. To view a sample report, visit: https://www.skillsone.com/Pdfs/smp262153.pdf . The cost of this report is $16.95 plus tax.
SII: The Strong Interest Inventory is an interest assessment that indicates one’s interest areas and links them to jobs, career fields, and work settings. This is particularly helpful for alumni who are ready to transition to a new job or anyone who wants to explore their career options. To view a sample report, visit: https://www.skillsone.com/Pdfs/smp284106.pdf. The cost of this report is $9.95 plus tax.
If you are interested in taking an assessment and sitting down with a career counselor to interpret your results with you, please contact Mary Konow at email@example.com or 916-577-8050 for further instructions on how to do so.
For more self-service resources offered through the Office of Career & Life Planning, visit the My.Jessup site.
Schedule an appointment
To schedule an appointment with the Office of Career & Life Planning, please:
- Schedule on the Career & Life Planning calendar
- Phone: 916.577.1815
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or stop by the Office of Career & Life Planning in the Learning Commons area of the Library