Want to be better equipped to serve in the cause of Christ?
Deepen your spiritual life, increase your understanding of God’s Word, learn how Christian faith uniquely speaks to contemporary cultural issues and strengthen your ministry through a Graduate Certificate in Ministry.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Graduate Certificate in Ministry provides conceptual foundations for ministry to students who desire to further the cause of Jesus Christ in the church and the culture.
This Graduate Certificate uses the MA in Leadership admission requirements. Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Ministry will have completed approximately one-third of the units for a master’s degree. They may continue their studies by applying all their units toward a MA in Leadership degree with a Concentration in Ministry. They would graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Ministry and a MA in Leadership degree with a Concentration in Ministry.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Ministry, students will be able to:
- Provide rich theological reflection on their personal lives and ministries.
- Demonstrate deep self-awareness and create strategic steps for personal and spiritual growth.
- Describe and practice core leadership principles.
- Transition from the marketplace to ministry.
- Provide spiritual leadership to others.
This Graduate Certificate is designed for people who want to deepen their faith in Jesus Christ and be equipped to minister in the church and the culture.
- The Graduate Certificate involves 6 courses.
- Each course is designed and taught at a master’s-degree level.
- Each course is taught by a professor with extensive ministry experience, a terminal academic degree, or both.
- Courses can be taken in any order.
The Graduate Certificate uses the MA in Leadership admission requirements. The student who completes the Graduate Certificate in Ministry may continue their studies by applying all their units toward a MA in Leadership degree with a Concentration in Ministry.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- If less than 3.0, include an explanation of prior performance and describe the experiences and skills you believe indicate your ability to succeed at the graduate level.
- Personal Statement
- Please upload a personal statement essay of 500 words on why this program is valuable for your ministry.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Bachelor’s Degree from Regionally Accredited Institution
- Official Transcripts
- Pre/Corequisites: New Testament, Old Testament, Art of Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- TOEFL may be required for international students
Get Started Today
JESSUP NEWS & STORIES
Jessup’s School of Business has no shortage of seasoned business professors who invest their time and talents into undergraduate and graduate students. Professor Ray Bryant is one of these outstanding professors. After many years as a management consultant, private equity fund manager, entrepreneur, and banker, he now teaches and mentors…
CLARIFY YOUR CALLING
PURSUE BIBLICAL JUSTICE
BRING SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP