People are our greatest asset. Developing them is our greatest skill. With a Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, you will join a movement of transformational leaders who utilize coaching skills to equip others to reach their highest potential.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching provides an executive coaching foundation for students developing their transformational leadership capacity and exploring ways to bring coaching skills to the marketplace or to ministry.
This Graduate Certificate uses the MA in Leadership admission requirements. The student who completes the Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching will have completed approximately one-third of the units for a master’s degree. They may continue their studies by applying all their units toward a MA in Leadership degree with a Concentration in Executive Coaching. They would graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching and a MA in Leadership degree with a Concentration in Executive Coaching.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, students will be able to:
- Articulate a compelling executive coaching philosophy and describe core leadership principles.
- Describe core leadership principles.
- Develop a toolbox of executive coaching skills to further their executive coaching journey.
- Demonstrate core executive coaching competencies in a supervised executive coaching environment.
The Graduate Certificate is aligned with the eleven International Coaching Federation (ICF) core coaching competencies and prepares a student for additional training which could result in coach certification.
- Setting the Foundation
- Meeting Ethical Guidelines and Professional Standards
- Establishing the Coaching Agreement
- Co-creating the Relationship
- Establishing Trust and Intimacy with the Client
- Coaching Presence
- Communicating Effectively
- Active Listening
- Powerful Questioning
- Direct Communication
- Facilitating Learning and Results
- Creating Awareness
- Designing Actions
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Managing Progress and Accountability
This Graduate Certificate involves 6 courses.
Each course is designed and taught at a master’s-degree level.
Each course is taught by a professor with a terminal academic degree and extensive coaching experience.
- Students must manage and develop other people in a for-profit or non-profit organization throughout the program.
In LDRS675 Supervised Coaching Practicum students are coached by an approved, credentialed coach practitioner.
Certificate Courses (12 units)
- LDRS502 | Introduction to Coaching
- LDRS670 | Coaching for Change
- LDRS562 | Coaching for Leaders and Managers
- LDRS503 | Building a Coaching Toolbox
- LDRS675 | Supervised Coaching Practicum
- Choose 1 Elective from MAL program
- Choose any elective from among the eleven MA in Leadership Core Leadership courses.
All courses are 100% online. All courses last 7 weeks. To view all courses and course descriptions, please see our current Academic Catalog.
The Graduate Certificate uses the MA in Leadership admission requirements. The student who completes the Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching may continue their studies by applying all their units toward a MA in Leadership degree with a Concentration in Executive Coaching.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- If less than 3.0, include an explanation of prior performance and describe the experiences and skills you believe indicate your ability to succeed at the graduate level.
- Personal Statement
- Please upload a personal statement essay of 500 words on why this program is valuable for your ministry.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- The Executing Coaching concentration requires students to have current supervisory relationships. Applicants will need to provide the names of individuals they are supervising in an organization related to work, ministry, athletics, or volunteer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Regionally Accredited Institution
- Official Transcripts
- TOEFL may be required for international students
Get Started Today
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. — International Coaching Federation
MAXIMIZE YOUR INFLUENCE
SPREAD YOUR KNOWLEDGE
INCREASE YOUR CONFIDENCE