Deepen your influence in the marketplace or in ministry through our focused, fast-paced Graduate Certificate in Leadership.
Businesses look for strong leadership skills. Develop those skills through team building and conflict resolution training at Jessup. The Graduate Certificate in Leadership gives you skills you can apply immediately. This is an ideal program for students who want to learn transformational leadership skills from a Biblical perspective or prepare for a graduate degree.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership provides a conceptual foundation for students desiring to improve their understanding and practice of tranformational leadership.
This Graduate Certificate uses the MA in Leadership admission requirements. The student who completes the Graduate Certificate in Leadership will have completed approximately one-third of the units for a master’s degree. They may continue their studies by applying all their units toward a MA in Leadership degree with any of the available Concentrations. They would graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Leadership and a MA in Leadership degree with a Concentration.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Leadership, students will be able to:
- Describe core leadership principles.
- Demonstrate strategic leadership competencies.
- Leverage your competence in today’s culture.
- Provide transformational leadership.
- Amid diversity and complexity, lead effectively and confidently.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership is designed for people in demanding positions of influence who want to enhance their ability to develop people around them at work or in ministry.
- The Graduate Certificate involves 6 courses.
- Each course is designed and taught at a master’s-degree level.
- Each course is taught by a veteran leader with a terminal academic degree.
- Courses can be taken in any order.
Certificate Courses (12 units)
- LDRS500 | Personal Life of the Leader
- LDRS501 | Strategic Leadership Foundations
- LDRS513 | Transformational Leadership
- LDRS530 | Diversity and Global Leadership
- Various | 2 Core Leadership courses chosen by student
All courses are 100% online. All courses last 7 weeks. To view all courses and course descriptions, please see our current Academic Catalog.
The Graduate Certificate uses the MA in Leadership admission requirements. The student who completes the Graduate Certificate in Ministry may continue their studies by applying all their units toward a MA in Leadership degree with a Concentration in Ministry.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- If less than 3.0, include an explanation of prior performance and describe the experiences and skills you believe indicate your ability to succeed at the graduate level.
- Personal Statement
- Please upload a personal statement essay of 500 words on why this program is valuable for your ministry.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Bachelor’s Degree from Regionally Accredited Institution
- Official Transcripts
- TOEFL may be required for international students