Julius (Rex) Gurney III, Ph.D.
- PhD. from Union Theological Seminary - Virginia
- M.Div. from Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
- BA University of New Mexico
Rex finds much joy in teaching, sharing knowledge and experiences, and helping students make connections between their faith and every area of life and inquiry. Ideas matter…we are in a “battle of ideas” culturally in some sense. A good working understanding (and appreciation) of History and Philosophy are essential if Christians are to make a contribution to society and culture.
My current research interests include the “churching” of the Sierra foothills in the 19th century, and the history of institutional responses to Hispanic immigration among US churches.
- "Protestantism and the Nicene Creed" in The Nicene Creed: Studies in Comparative Christianity, Vol 1. (St. Katherine's Press, 2017) pp.11-39
- Gurney, J. (2009) Book Review of The Routledge Companion to Religion and Film in Journal of Religious & Theological Information, Vol. 8:1-2
- Gurney, J. (2009) Book Review of The Westminster Dictionary of Church History in Journal of Religious & Theological Information, Vol. 8: 3-4