David Timms, Ph.D.
Australian by birth and married to his sweetheart (Kim) since 1985, David has been involved full-time in Christian higher education since January 1994. His role as Dean of the School of Theology and Leadership at Jessup since 2015 has included the following:
- Academic program development
- Course scheduling
- Faculty and staff hiring, support, and development
- Team building
- Leadership development (with two Associate Deans)
- Branding and social media
- Partnership development with external entities
- Fundraising with churches and private donors
- Grant writing
- Budget management
- Research and writing
- Student recruiting and support
- Community engagement (regularly speaking at events and churches)
- Design and launch new initiatives (e.g. Center for ASL, Center for Hispanic/Latino Ministry, Center for Church Health)
- Explore and design competency-based education
- Provide consistent communication and clarity within the Division
- Chief culture architect within the Division
- Timms, David. 40 Days in Israel: A Spiritual Pilgrimage, Rocklin, CA: Oak Tree Press, 2020.
- Timms, David. Shape Your World: Transformational Leadership for Everyday Life, Rocklin, CA: Oak Tree Press, 2018.
- Timms, David. Reflections Through Romans: A Lenten Devotional, Rocklin, CA: Oak Tree Press, 2018.
- Timms, David. The Power of Blessing: How a Carefully Chosen Word Changes Everything, Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House, 2010.
- Timms, David. Sacred Waiting: Waiting on God in a World That Waits for Nothing, Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House, 2009.
- Timms, David, Living the Lord’s Prayer, Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House, 2008.
- Riter, Tim & David Timms, Just Leave God Out of It: The Cultural Compromises Christians Make, Colorado Springs, CO: Cook Communications, 2004.
- Dozens of articles published through The LOOKOUT magazine.
- Regular blogging at davidtimms.wordpress.com (“Because of Grace”).