Gain valuable insight, enhance professional skills, and advance your career in criminal justice with a certificate from Jessup. This fully online certificate taught by industry professionals gives you the flexibility to learn anywhere you are.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The challenges facing criminal justice professionals are more complex than ever. Changes in law enforcement and the public perception of law enforcement demand that our new generation of leaders can identify and respond to shifts in the law, and the community. Our criminal justice classes are taught by professionals with real-world experience in nearly every specialty within the criminal justice field. They are committed to instilling excellence with respect, fairness, and integrity in each of their students.
Upon successful completion of this Certificate in Criminal Justice, students will be able to:
- Articulate and apply scriptural and professional ethics in a variety of situations that require sound and principled decisions in law enforcement.
- Understand the changing role of law enforcement in a changing environment.
- Understand the characteristics of the offender and categories of crime ranging from white-collar crime to violent crimes.
- Become familiar with the organization of correctional systems; correctional role; institutional operations; alternatives to institutionalization; treatment and rehabilitation, and current and future issues.
This Undergraduate Certificate involves 4 courses.
- The 12 units completed through the certificate can be directly applied to the Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice at Jessup.
Each course is designed and taught at an undergraduate level.
- All courses are taught by active duty Law Enforcement.
- Completion of this certificate is recognized by Police Departments and Sheriff’s Offices in our four county area (Placer, Sacramento, Yolo & Yuba).
- Students may receive Credit for Prior Learning for one of the four courses if requisite experience is shown. Find more details about Credit for Prior Learning here.
All courses are 100% online. All courses last 7 weeks and can be taken in any order.
JESSUP NEWS & STORIES
Jessup’s Criminal Justice degree program is excited to announce they are developing a new Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) introductory course for students. The proposed course includes a forensic science overview, specifically focusing on the field aspect of crime scene investigations. It will also include crime scene documentation methods, equipment used…
INCREASE YOUR CONFIDENCE
MAXIMIZE YOUR INFLUENCE
SPREAD YOUR KNOWLEDGE