Daniel Gluck, Ph.D.
Daniel grew up in the Sacramento area. Upon graduation from high school, few options for Christian College existed in California’s central valley. After his transformational experience at a Socal Christian College, he wanted to be part of that transformation for students, and secured a job at his alma mater. He later learned about Jessup’s move to his hometown! His curiosity got the best of him and he applied to serve as Director of Campus Ministries in summer 2004. God opened the door for him to serve in this role for 11 years, after which he transitioned to the faculty in summer 2015.
Daniel believes that it is an absolute privilege to serve in classrooms, virtual spaces and experiential environments where he can participate in helping students discover how God has uniquely gifted them and empowered them for a specific purpose. His academic specialties include Organizational Leadership, Nonprofit Leadership, African Studies, Peacemaking/Reconciliation Studies and International Development. 20+ years of pastoral ministry and worship leading also inform his perspectives on practical ministry and discipleship. In addition, he has served in over 20 countries (and counting), and loves learning about diverse cultures, along with God’s church around the world! He is passionate about the impact of intercultural trends on areas across the university curriculum.
- Gluck, D. (2015). Kenyan churches as catalysts for grassroots peacemaking: An appreciative leadership case study. Dissertation. Eastern University, Philadelphia, PA
- Leadership and Integrity. International Pastor’s Conference, Kenya, E. Africa.
- Reconciliation. International Pastor’s Conference, Kenya, E. Africa.
- Building and Growing Teams. Traction Mission Conference, Rocklin, CA.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Learnings from the GLOBE Study. Traction Mission Conference, Rocklin, CA
- Evangelical Missions Society
- American Society of Missiology