Update #2 Southeast Asia C

Our first day in B (our stopover city)!! Our flights were 14hrs and consisted of face masks, sleep, and lots of coffee. When we first walked in the welcome sign said “Home of the Gods”. This is one of the biggest Muslim cultures…meaning Christianity isn’t. Which is very different from America. Today I opened my Bible plan and I am at Luke 15. This passage has three stories of Jesus saving the one. It talked about Jesus leaving the 99, how Heaven rejoices over a single sinner returning to God, and the Prodigal’s son. As I am faced with my desire for everything to go as planned, I am reminded of who God is that He is in control and is intentional. I am reminded that even if there is one person that hears the gospel from the trip it would be well worth all of this for the one. The one coming to the Father is something that money or time can’t buy, but it is only by the power of God through Jesus by the Holy Spirit.

So my prayer tonight and ask for you to join us to soften the soil of the one He is using us on this trip to bring home. More thsn one would be cool too, but that we will rely on the one that does the saving and rest that he is in control. Pray for us too as we are also here to encounter God in a new culture!!

– Ashley Salazar

Once we got off the plane we were greeted by one of the House of Hope members that had our car and driver ready and waiting. Our hotel in B has a huge pool that we all couldn’t resist so we jumped in before dinner. We ate chicken, fish, shrimp, octopus, and rice at a restaurant on the water as the sun went down. Our first B sunset was one we won’t forget. After dinner we walked the streets and purchased bracelets, jerseys, and shoes all while being half asleep. It feels surreal being here after praying about this trip for many many months. We’re eager for our 9th group member, Winnie, to join us so soon. Next stop S (our ministry island)!

If you would like to share your prayer support with this team, please feel free to use THIS FORM and we will share your encouragement with them.

4 responses to “Update #2 Southeast Asia C”

1. Mike Jern says:

Glad your team made it there safely!! I am sure when you get to Sumba you will touch more than one person to bring them to the Lord!! Great luck!!

2. Marco Garcia says:

We are glad you are all having a good time before working for the Lord on your mission’s trip.
    I hope to hear from all of you as you walk with the
    Lord by serving the people of Sumba.
    Keep sending more pictures

3. Marco Garcia says:

Thank you for taking time to write and report your updates ❤️ God bless you All.
    Praying for The Good Lord to use you and talk to hearts as you minister to the people of Sumba

Please keep sending more pictures

4. Liseth says:

““The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord’s favor has come. ””
    ‭‭Luke‬ ‭4‬:‭18‬-‭19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Hallelujah!