Update #2 South Asia

Hey guys! My name is Hailey and I am one of the team members here in South Asia! It is the end of Day 2 (beginning of day 3 now when posting) and we’ve already experienced and seen so much. Thankfully, our travel went very smoothly to get here, and then we made it through day 1, jet lag and all! We tried lots of new foods (all of them being my new favorite), and we also got to ride in rickshaws (highly recommend). Today was fun and exciting for me because I met a girl and I got to share the gospel with her! When she told me about her story, I really felt like I could relate because I was in her shows just a few years ago: not really sure what to believe in but searching for answers. She was really interested in what I had to say and wants to learn more, so I’m looking forward to talking to her again. All of us are having a good time and we have a great dynamic in our team. Joe helps calm us down if we start to feel anxious; Emily, Kaitlin, Mackenzie, and Sophia reassure me that I’m not alone, and Izzy keeps me laughing… all the time. Oh and Roenz and Kayla are just the best at keeping us grounded. 🙂 It’s been a great start with great people and we can’t wait to share more as the days come!

-Hailey

The team staying hydrated on Day 1!
A rickshaw ride! Apparently very soothing for a sleepy Hailey!
Joe, Mackenzie, and Sophia leading worship on our second day of orientation for our fieldworkers and other teams in our city.
We found some American comfort in getting cold Starbucks drinks on a hot day!
Joe and Kaitlin found some great shade and beautiful art on our walk while sharing!
*fun in the sun*

4 responses to “Update #2 South Asia”

1. Ashley Goldsmith says:

Love these updates!! Praying for you all

2. Phil says:

Awesome! Hi Sophia! The Dougherty’s are excited to follow along in your journey. Glad you arrived safely and have already had opportunities to share the gospel. Be not afraid! Best, Phil

3. Jim Jessup says:

So glad all is going well! Praying for you guys. Blessings to you as you glorify God in all you do as you meet new friends.
    -Jim Jessup

4. Nard Bailey says:

stay safe. we are praying for you.