Update #3 – Tanzania

We were blessed to receive individual updates from all of the team members! Read them below and find all photos at the bottom of this post.

Hujambo!

This week has been jam packed with fun, trials, joy, and grace! We made it safely to Kigoma and have been enjoying our time here in the village. So far, we have eaten amazing food, played with cute kids in the streets, and seen God move and work in the hearts of our team and the nationals we encounter.

My favorite part so far was when we were invited to the Hope of the Nations youth group Thursday night. Worship was fun and upbeat and full of dancing and singing. It’s amazing to see the emotion in their dancing and the way they worship Jesus. A close second would be the time after our busy days are done when the team gets to eat dinner together and relax. We play card games and laugh until the wee hours of the night.

I am excited to see what God does next week at camp with a bunch of kiddos!

Until next time!
Qwa herini!
Sabrina

This trip had been such an awesome and eye opening experience so far! The first few days we have been trying to immerse ourselves in Tanzanian culture. The first day we worked basically all day doing things like shoveling sand and rock and making cement so that we could help build a wall for the Hope of the Nations facility. We have been working really hard to serve the people here along with adapting to the culture, trying to learn Swahili, and connecting with the people.

The Tanzanian people are so hard working and never have any complaints about their life. Everybody I have met has been so friendly and I can see the love of God working through the people here.

The Hope of the Nations facility where we are staying is in the middle of the village, so as soon as we outside children will swarm around us. Last night I was wrestling and having fun with the children for over an hour – it was such an awesome experience. By the time we go to bed at night we are all extremely exhausted, but I wouldn’t trade any of the experiences that we have gone through!

Justin

This trip has been an amazing trip so far. We have been learning so much about the culture. It is so amazing to see everyone here works together and truly knows everyone. It has been such a great experience to see what it is like to live the life of a Tanzanian.

One thing that I have learned so far from this trip is to not take anything for granted. Even though these kids here may not have everything we have in America, they are the happiest kids you will ever see. I have yet to see a kid who is sad. It’s a blessing to be on this trip and to be a part of this team to help others.

George

Hujambo!

I have absolutely loved my time here in Tanzania! God has been showing me how much I should appreciate everything I have at home.

Everyone that I have met is so friendly and kind. One person that I have grown to admire here is Moma Miracle. As we are doing our work projects, she is always constantly cooking for us. When I was helping paint the house with the team, she called me over and explained to me that she wanted me to enjoy my time being able to work independently. She said that many women in Tanzania do not have this option because they have to take care of the children, cook, and clean pretty much all day. It makes me realize that the things I think are simple can mean so much to someone else.

Whenever we have the chance to go out into the village, the kids are my favorite part. They love to hug us and will literally fight to sit on your lap. Since they know where we are staying they will all come in the morning to wait for us to come out and play. It is so sweet!

This week has been a wonderful experience and I am so happy that I got the chance to come here and serve the people of Tanzania. I can’t wait for the next week to help with the Kids’ Camp!

Daija

Oh my cobbler hujambo,

Coming all the way from Kigoma, Tanzania , it’s Bri! I have been painting, cleaning, killing chickens, concreting, and so much more. Man, I love it here so much!

My highlights so far have been: Hugging and playing with so many chicken nuggets (children). Eating a wonderful fish meal that was fantastic. Going to youth group and seeing so many people dance like my Hispanic people (my family).

I send love. I am doing great. I was experiencing some spiritual warfare but God has seen me through. Love you mom, Abel, and Haley. Thank you to anyone and everyone who is reading this. I appreciate you. I am alive and well.

Bria

I am having the best of times out here in Africa. I learned how to catch and cook my very own chicken!!!! Who would have ever thought lol.

Diamond

Hi, everyone!

Thank you for your prayers as we continue to serve here! It has been a great trip so far, and we wish each of you could be here to see the amazing work the ministry is doing! Next week we will be out visiting villages where they have no access to the Gospel, which also means they have no access to the Internet. 🙂 Because of this we won’t be able to send another update for several days, but rest assured that we will be safe and cared for! Harold, one of the founders of the ministry here, will be with us the entire time, along with several of our new Tanzanian friends. Harold will also have access to an emergency phone, so just know that no news is good news for the next couple of days. 🙂 For now, enjoy these photos from our first week here and we look forward to updating you again sometime near the end of next week!

Love you all!

Spencer & Meghan

Join the discussion 2 Comments

• Shari Herout says:

Thank you for the wonderful update! We love hearing how your lives are being transformed, and how you are open to being immersed in the experience! Love and prayers to all.

• Darielle says:

So happy you all are enjoying your time there. Wow Daija are you removing feathers from a chicken ? . So cool!! Edouard says hello and it reminds him of home = ]. Love you and can’t wait to hear about your experience when you get back!