The federal government requires all Title IV colleges and universities to go through a review process known as verification. This process confirms all information submitted on the FAFSA for accuracy and completeness and confirms the student’s maximum financial aid eligibility.
If you are selected for verification, you will be required to submit the following documents before your federal and/or state aid can be finalized:
For Independent Students*
- 20-21 INDEPENDENT* Verification Worksheet (for enrollment in Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021)
- All student W-2 forms for the corresponding income tax return.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA OR submit a 2018 IRS Tax Transcript for the student.
- If married, all spouse W-2 forms for the corresponding income tax return and a 2018 IRS Tax Return Transcript (if filed separately) for the year stated on the FAFSA.
- Any other forms requested by the Financial Aid Office.
* Your dependent/independent status is determined by the FAFSA. Look on your Student Aid Report or contact your Financial Aid Counselor to see which one applies to you.
All signatures must be physical signatures. Please feel free to mail, fax, or scan and Securely Upload these items to the Financial Aid Office. We do not need originals. In specific cases, additional information may be required. It is important to complete this process as soon as possible as your financial aid processing will be halted until the verification process is completed.