skip to Main Content

Cal Grant

Financial Aid

Cal Grant

Cal Grant is a great way to receive funding for College. This state-provided grant does not need to be repaid. If you are a California resident, the information below can help you apply.

Important deadline: March 2nd!

Who can apply?

  • Seniors in High School or recent High School graduates within one year of graduation.
  • Community College Students transferring to 4-year University for the first time.

Am I eligible for Cal Grant?

To become eligible for Cal Grant, you must:

  • Submit a FAFSA and Cal Grant GPA before March 2nd.
  • Register for Selective Service if you are a male of 18 or older (this can be done through the FAFSA).
  • Not exceed the income and asset ceilings each year.
  • Be a California resident at the time of High School graduation.
  • Meet the minimum GPA requirements.
  • Attend College at least half time.

How do I apply?

  • Complete a FAFSA before March 2nd.
  • Submit your Cal Grant GPA before March 2nd.
  • Create an account with and check for any additional requirements and view your award status.

How do I submit my Cal Grant GPA?

Your Cal Grant evaluation will be based upon your High School GPA between your freshman and sophomore year or the total of your Community College GPA. See below for each type of school.

  • Public or Private Schools and Community Colleges – Most schools will send your GPA automatically, but some may not. We recommend that you reach out to your administrative office to ensure that yours is sent before March 2nd.
  • Home-School – You must submit official SAT, ACT, or GED scores to the California Student Aid Commission along with a Cal Grant GPA Verification Form.

Financial Aid



Financial Aid Office Email
Financial Aid Main Line: (916) 577-2233

Take the Next Step

Back To Top
×Close search