Scott Roberts, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Professor - The Faculty of Health, Applied, and Natural Sciences
- Ph.D. Exercise Physiology from the University of New Mexico
- M.S. Excercise Physiology from Sac State
- B.A. Physical Education from Chico State
Scott is excited to be joining William Jessup University and to help support the academic mission of the college which seeks to develop the whole person; including their Physical Health and Wellbeing. Faith-based health and fitness programsinterventions are becoming increasingly more popular and mainstream and I’m excited to be part of the rapid growth in the Christian Fitness and Exercise movement. With the addition of the Kinesiology program at WJU students will be able to choose from several different areas of study, including; exercise science, sports management, and health and wellness. The department will offer courses, labs and real-world experiences specific to careers in exercise physiology, biomechanics, sport and exercise psychology, public school teaching, athletic training, coaching, corporate fitness and wellness, and more.
- J. Larry Durstine, Geoffrey Moore, Patricia Painter, Scott Roberts. (2009). ACSM's Exercise Management for Persons with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities-3rd Edition. Human Kinetics Publishers.
- National Association of Sports Medicine. NASM Essential of Personal Fitness Training-4-edition. Senior Editor. Book Review
- Senior Editor – National Association of Sports Medicine Essential of Personal Fitness Training-4
- Senior Editor - American College of Sports Medicine’s Exercise Management of Person’s with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities – 3rd edition.
- Manuscript Reviewer – Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise.
- Reviewer/Editor - American Fitness and Aerobics Association CEC Study Course on Youth Fitness
- Book Reviewer – Fit & Well, 8th Edition
- Invited Speaker: Northern California Worksite Wellness Coalition, September 16, 2008
- Title of Presentation: Shifting Paradigms in Employee Healthcare: Building A Case for Worksite Health Promotion
- Invited Lecture: CELT Presentation, October, 10, 2007 Title of Presentation: Redefining the Meaning of Fitness.
- Accepted Presentation: SW ACSM, November, 2005, San Diego, CA. Title of Presentations: The Use of Echocardiography in Exercise Science, and Evidence-Based Exercise Guidelines.
- Invited Presentation: Far Northern Region Organization, Redding, CA Title of Presentation: Physical Activity, Diet and Health: The Challenges of Living with Advances in Technology.
- Invited Presentation: Far Northern Region Organization, Chico, CA Title of Presentation: Physical Activity, Diet and Health: The Challenges of Living with Advances in Technology.
- Accepted Presentations: SW ACSM, Las Vegas, NV, November, 2004. Title of Presentations: The Use of Echocardiography in Exercise Science, and Clinical Exercise Testing.