Bachelor of Science
Some will apply this degree to work within a mental health setting or utilize the relational skills gained in this program in a wide range of careers, including business, human services, and church/parachurch ministry. The major provides foundational studies in preparation for graduate school in the helping professions. Graduates who seek advanced education typically choose studies in psychology, counseling or social work.
AS LITTLE AS 19 MONTHS
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The mission of the psychology major is to develop an individual’s capacity for work in the helping professions in both secular and sacred settings. The program prepares Christians to lead individuals/groups to wholeness – body, soul, and spirit – using methods that are scripturally based, culturally sensitive, and clinically sound.
Jessup’s Adult Degree Completion (ADC) coursework is designed to help you achieve your academic and career goals. Learn from experienced practitioners who create networking opportunities with colleagues and professionals in your area of interest. Earn a degree built on high academic standards in a learning environment that integrates biblical principles into a relevant and rewarding degree program.
- Two years or more of full-time work experience (post high school) and/or recommended 22 yrs of age.
- Cumulative 2.25 GPA for transfer students or cumulative 2.5 GPA for first-time freshman (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Official transcript from the high school that you graduated from. Official transcript(s) from any/every previously attended colleges and/or universities.
- Official transcripts must arrive in a sealed envelope ATTN: Grad Dept by the registrar of the previous institution. Official transcripts will also be accepted electronically from the registrar of the previous institution.
- Transferable Units (if Applicable): Courses that meet the following standards may be transferred.
- Transferable courses taken at an accredited college or university.
- Grade “C” (2.00 GPA) or better.
- A maximum of 96 units may be transferred, of which 70 units may be transferred from a regionally accredited community college per university policies.
- Students can earn a total of 30 units for any combination of CPL (Credit for Prior Learning), CLEP (College Level Exam Program) clep.collegeboard.org, and DSST (DANTEs Subject Standardized Tests) getcollegecredit.com.
JESSUP NEWS & STORIES
William Jessup University is proud to announce the launch of the School of Psychology. The Department of Psychology has been expanding its program offerings for a number of years, launching multiple new delivery models at the undergraduate and graduate degree levels. The School of Psychology was launched in August 2020…