BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - 1 YEAR
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The WJU 1 Year MBA equips graduates to be highly-competent, principled and innovative leaders in business and society. The 1 Year MBA curriculum is relevant, quantitative and applicable for servant-leaders in both for-profit and non-profit organizations (churches, para-church ministries, healthcare and government organizations); the ethical framework integrated throughout the curriculum makes the WJU MBA distinct and different on purpose. The substantive and vital management skills of planning, controlling, decision making and organizational leadership are developed and strategically applied throughout the program; moreover, MBA students are challenged within a dynamic experiential learning environment to be effective transformational leaders with a global perspective.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Students who graduate with a Master of Business Administration will be:
- Ethical and responsible administrators: By providing MBA students a distinctively Christ-centered, high-quality graduate business education, enabling students to shape their biblical worldview and advance the work of God in society and business by the analysis of relevant business case studies.
- Critical analytical decision makers: By equipping MBA students with quantitative and qualitative tools necessary to best identify, analyze, and develop business opportunities as well as solve complex business issues to make quality decisions.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial managers: By developing MBA students’ abilities to think innovatively, strategically, and entrepreneurially to better lead and manage teams across geographical borders in a variety of interdisciplinary environments.
- Collaborative and effective communicators: By advancing MBA students’ written and oral communication competencies to enhance their overall managerial effectiveness as they create sound synergetic collaborative teams to meet business objectives.
- Transformative business leaders with a global perspective: By enabling MBA students to be world changers in the realm of business as they lead their respective institutions with a heart for God, a love for people, a pioneering spirit, and a mind for business and industry.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official transcripts
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. GPA’s of 2.5-2.99 will be considered with two letters of recommendation (academic and professional)
- Resume reflecting at least 3-5 years of professional work experience
- GMAT or GRE not required but encouraged to strengthen you application (scores < 5 years)
- Completed Graduate Application
- Essay: Tell us about your path to business school, (including your work history) and your future plans . How will the William Jessup University experience help you along this journey? What is your motivation for pursuing an MBA now, and how will William Jessup University help you achieve your goals? (approx. 500 words)
- Letter of recommendation only if requested by the admissions committee (GPA’s less than 3.00)
- Interview if requested by the admissions committee
- TOEFL Required
- Microeconomics or Macroeconomics
- Financial Accounting
May (Hsin Mei) Ton
JESSUP NEWS & STORIES
Last time we visited with Jessup MBA graduate Ben Mandakh, he was working as the technical lead for a Bay Area start-up company and had just accepted a part-time adjunct professor position in Jessup’s School of Business. Ben was excited about the future and relished the business relationships he created…
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER