Upon completion of the 30 units of coursework in Addiction Studies, students are qualified to sit for the California Alcohol/Drug Counselor Associate exam. Requirements to sit for the exam include 315 hours of specified course work and 255 hours of field practicum. The following courses at Jessup have been identified by the California Certification Board of Alcohol/Drug Counselors as meeting these requirements. This certificate may be earned independent of other course work or as a part of the Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
SAN JOSE CAMPUS
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Exclusive to Jessup University’s San Jose Campus, the Certificate Program for Addiction Studies is designed to develop an individual’s professional skills for a variety of roles in the social services fields of addiction. Students selecting this program will gain the critical skills needed to provide intervention, counseling, detox referrals, and to facilitate groups in recovery programs. Students may find employment in employee assistance programs, DUI programs, missions, church and parachurch ministries, education and prevention programs, and within counseling agencies that specialize in addiction recovery. With continued educational preparation and experience, individuals may advance to management and administration and clinical supervision roles in addiction agencies.
Jessup students who choose to complete this program will also have the opportunity to continue their education by transferring in to the Psychology program, offering a Bachelor of Science which further enhances your qualifications for career-advancing leadership roles in the mental health professions. Academic counselors are available to assist students in planning that next step phase of their education if they choose to continue.
Jessup’s Adult Degree Completion (ADC) coursework is designed to help you achieve your academic and career goals. Learn from experienced practitioners who create networking opportunities with colleagues and professionals in your area of interest. Earn a degree built on high academic standards in a learning environment that integrates biblical principles into a relevant and rewarding degree program.
The Certificate in Addiction Studies is designed to develop an individual’s professional skills for a variety of roles in the field of addiction. Students selecting this program will gain the critical skills needed to provide intervention, counseling, detox referrals, and to facilitate groups in recovery programs.
- Two years or more of full-time work experience (post high school) and/or recommended 22 yrs of age.
- Cumulative 2.25 GPA for transfer students or cumulative 2.5 GPA for first-time freshman (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Official transcript from the high school that you graduated from. Official transcript(s) from any/every previously attended colleges and/or universities.
- Official transcripts must arrive in a sealed envelope ATTN: Grad Dept by the registrar of the previous institution. Official transcripts will also be accepted electronically from the registrar of the previous institution.
- Transferable Units (if Applicable): Courses that meet the following standards may be transferred.
- Transferable courses taken at an accredited college or university.
- Grade “C” (2.00 GPA) or better.
- A maximum of 96 units may be transferred, of which 70 units may be transferred from a regionally accredited community college per university policies.
- Students can earn a total of 30 units for any combination of CPL (Credit for Prior Learning), CLEP (College Level Exam Program) clep.collegeboard.org, and DSST (DANTEs Subject Standardized Tests) getcollegecredit.com.
JESSUP NEWS & STORIES
Mary Jean Walton, LMFT is the Director of Jessup's Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (MACP) program in San Jose. This is a popular program at our Rocklin campus and we're thrilled it's now offered at our San Jose location as well. The MACP leadership team graciously sat down with…
2121 University Avenue
Rocklin CA 95765
(855) 958-4723 | firstname.lastname@example.org
San Jose Contact
3031 Tisch Way, Plaza East, Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95128
(800) 205-6100 | email@example.com