Update #4 L.A. Team

By May 24, 2019L.A.

You are intentional.

I’m not sure where to begin. Mom kept texting me & trying to call me. I told her I couldn’t talk because I’m on my missions trip. She texted me a whole book about Sadie having to be put down yesterday. I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t help but think of Sunday. While at Fellowship, the question was asked, “What is one of your favorite childhood memories?” When I spoke I didn’t understand the words coming out of my mouth. I said one of my favorite childhood memories was when I picked out my dog. I didn’t know why you spoke that trough me until I received that text from Mom saying Sadie had passed away. You were preparing me. Thank you, Abba…I saw this idea of choice come into play another way, as well.

Yesterday, our itinerary changed a few times, but we ended up working with children and it changed me. There were a few kids that were drawn to me. One of which was a little girl who would NOT let go of me when it came time to leave.  It broke my heart because she koala bear clung to me when mom came to get her. My first thought was that she may be living in an abusive family situation. Even if that isn’t the case, the fact of the matter is that she didn’t want to leave me, a stranger she had known for less than 2 hours. That’s when I knew. Not only do I want to adopt, I want to foster.

I want to give kids a safe space to love, learn & just be children. I want to create a positive in between for kids in these transitional times by creating stability & consistency. I want them to be so sure that whether or not they stay with me for awhile or forever they will NEVER have to question whether or not [I love them.][they are loved.]
THAT is my purpose.
I was made by love,
for love,
to BE love.