A significant portion of who Melanie is can be credited to her undergraduate Christian education where there existed an intentionality and discipleship of the mind, taught by educators who had first learned this themselves and were passing it on to the next generation. This undergraduate foundation was the scaffolding for her further post graduate education and career advancement. She wishes to be a part of this same process of equipping, encouraging, and discipling others in the academic setting.
Melanie believes truth and learning to be the foundation of both appropriate discipleship and an articulate, living, and breathing Christian worldview. With a background first in general medicine and subsequently in various areas of psychiatry, that Christian worldview fleshes itself out in the components that make us who we are. Understanding that Bio-Psycho- Social-Spiritual integrated person that we are, is her passion.
Melanie Trowbridge, M.D.
- M.D. from Medical College of Ohio
- B.A. Biology from Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist U.C. Davis Fellowship
- Adult Psychiatrist U.C. Irvine and U.C. Davis Residency
- CA Medical Board Licensed Physician (Psychiatrist) BC/BE