Manuel Salazar III, CPA, MBA, EdD
- EdD Educational Administration (dissertation in mathematics education) from Pensacola Christian College, FL
- MBA Business Administration (emphasis in quantitative methods) from Lundy-Fetterman School of Business Campbell University, NC
- MA Ministry (emphasis in theology) from Luther Rice University, GA
- BS Business Administration (emphasis in finance/banking) from University of North Carolina, Pembroke, NC
- AA Business Administration (emphasis in accounting) West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
- Advanced School of Banking Graduate, NC Banking Association University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Primary Leadership Development Course (PLDC) U.S. Army, 82nd Airborne Division, Ft. Bragg, NC
Manuel is passionate about equipping the next generation of leaders to be salt and light in the arena of business. As a former senior financial and accounting officer in the banking industry, Manuel brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Jessup School of Business. Manuel’s research interests include professional ethics in accounting and finance, financial statement analysis and valuation, and financial & organizational stewardship. Manuel has served on the board of Financial Executives International (Sacramento chapter) and is a current member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants and the American Accounting Association.
Manuel served as a U.S. Army paratrooper during the Reagan administration in the 82nd Airborne Division. Manuel and his wife Lisa of over 30 years, have four adult children. Manuel and Lisa are active in their local church. More than 20 years ago they founded a K-12 Christ-centered academy through their church in North Carolina which continues to educate and equip students to this day. Manuel was ordained a deacon in 1994 and a minister of the gospel in 1999, and currently serves in the teaching ministry of his church.
- Assisted in the development and launch of the accounting concentration at WJU in 2012
- Consulting and advisory field-work in El Salvador, California, and Pennsylvania, 2013
- Financial Executive International conference participant, Washington D.C. (2015)
- Assisted in the launch of the finance concentration at WJU in 2015 (and developed the Money and Banking course).
- Assisted in the development of the MBA program at WJU in 2015 and its subsequent regional accreditation.
- Free-Market Forum participant, Omaha, Nebraska (2015)
- Served as the Chair of the Academic Council from Fall 2014 to Spring 2016
- Championed a business seminar on campus in partnership with the Institute of Faith, Work and Economics (2015)
- Completed various professional courses in topics such as: Tax Considerations in Financial Planning, Roth IRAs, and Estate & Retirement Planning (2016)
- Served on the local board (Sacramento) of Financial Executives International (FEI) 2015-2017
- Accounting, tax, and consulting work for several SME’s on the East Coast (2017)