Manuel has over twenty years of industry experience and held positions as a former corporate controller and chief financial executive of a commercial banking corporation, a CPA focused on tax and accounting for small to medium size businesses, and a private K-12 academy founder and administrator. He enjoys teaching advanced accounting courses to future accountants who will be the "salt and light" in the accounting profession.
Manuel Salazar III
Online Business Faculty and Coordinator
- EdD Educational Administration (dissertation in mathematics education) from Pensacola Christian College, FL
- MBA Business Administration (emphasis in quantitative methods) from Lundy-Fetterman School of Business Campbell University, NC
- MA Ministry (emphasis in theology) from Luther Rice University, GA
- BS Business Administration (emphasis in finance/banking) from University of North Carolina, Pembroke, NC
- AA Business Administration (emphasis in accounting) West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
- Advanced School of Banking Graduate, NC Banking Association University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Primary Leadership Development Course (PLDC) U.S. Army, 82nd Airborne Division, Ft. Bragg, NC
- Assisted in the development and launch of the accounting concentration at WJU in 2012
- Consulting and advisory field-work in El Salvador, California, and Pennsylvania, 2013
- Financial Executive International conference participant, Washington D.C. (2015)
- Assisted in the launch of the finance concentration at WJU in 2015 (and developed the Money and Banking course).
- Assisted in the development of the MBA program at WJU in 2015 and its subsequent regional accreditation.
- Free-Market Forum participant, Omaha, Nebraska (2015)
- Served as the Chair of the Academic Council from Fall 2014 to Spring 2016
- Championed a business seminar on campus in partnership with the Institute of Faith, Work and Economics (2015)
- Completed various professional courses in topics such as: Tax Considerations in Financial Planning, Roth IRAs, and Estate & Retirement Planning (2016)
- Served on the local board (Sacramento) of Financial Executives International (FEI) 2015-2017
- Accounting, tax, and consulting work for several SME’s on the East Coast (2017)