Elizabeth's primary research focus is in the area of applied voice teaching expertise. A past East Bay Opera League Audition winner, she has performed with the Oakland and Berkeley Opera Companies, True North Drama Company, and as a worship leader at church and women’s conferences. Most recently, she portrayed ‘Aunt March’ and ‘Martha’ in WJU Creative Arts Department’s “Little Women” and “White Christmas”.
- B.A. in Music, with Honors from California State University, Hayward
- California state single-subject teaching credential, Music from California State University, Hayward
- M.A. in Music, Vocal Performance from California State University, Hayward
- D.M.A. from Boston University
- The nature of applied voice teaching expertise: Common elements observed in the lessons of three exemplary applied voice instructors, dissertation, Boston University College of Fine Arts, 2014 (2008)
- Choral Journal, 46. ; Adjudicator, NMEA, 2010 Adjudicator, Association of Christian Schools International, High School MusiCal, 2006-2014
- Recitalist, 1980-present
- Director of choral groups and soloists that performed at The California Governors Prayer Breakfast, First Lady Laura Bush Rally, ACSI State Conference, Auburn Symphony’s Messiah, Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, and Polivetsian Dances at The Mondavi Center for Performing Arts, U.C. Davis, Salvation Army Governor’s and Constituent Banquets, and Placer Pops.